Multilingual Connections is a woman-owned global language solutions company founded in 2005 that helps organizations understand, engage and grow their multilingual markets. Our services include translation, transcreation, transcription and multimedia localization, and while our headquarters are in the Chicago area, our team is located across the world. At Multilingual Connections, relationships are at the core of everything – relationships with our clients, our team, our partners and our linguists. We pride ourselves on our ability to inspire trust, to be flexible and creative, to pursue growth and learning and to embrace and drive change. When we add to our team, we look for people with specific qualifications but also for people that share our values and who are excited about working in an entrepreneurial environment. We are also proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that thrives on and embraces diversity in all forms. We make employment decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.
As a growing company, we’re looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to help create and execute our strategy for new client acquisition in the areas of multimedia and eLearning localization. You’ll work independently but in close coordination with our Client Relations Director to develop new business opportunities – from prospecting and quoting to closing sales and beyond.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- An excellent communicator and relationship-builder who can understand clients’ needs, help them see where our solutions will provide value and expand business across a variety of stakeholders within an organization
- A Linkedin wiz who goes beyond sending connection requests and truly understands how to build a professional presence and identify/create opportunities on this medium
- A strategic and analytical thinker and creative problem-solver
- Tech savvy across Google Suite, CRM platforms, CAT tools, project management systems and reporting tools
- Strong organizational skills and high work efficiency
- Familiarity with the multimedia and/or elearning markets
- A minimum of five years’ experience in sales or sales support
- An autonomous yet collaborative worker who your global team members will trust and consider a friend
- Exceptional spoken and written English
- Background in translation and localization; multilingual and cross-cultural experience a plus
This role knows no borders, but given our focus on US-based companies, it’s important that you’ll be able to work during US hours (CST). You’ll need a fast internet connection and an adequate home office setup to maximize productivity. You’ll be comfortable doing cold-calling and video/phone presentations and be active across all social media platforms. You’ll ensure CRM data is maintained and reports on sales pipeline are up-to-date, and you’ll stay current on industry trends to cultivate business development strategies. Bottom line, you’ll show dedication to our company, our team, and our clients and will help us grow.
If you’d like to apply, please do so only on our website
. To be considered for this position, you’ll need to include all of the following:
- Your CV
- Your cover letter
- Create and upload a 60-second video introduction
- Answers to the following:
- What’s your experience with Linkedin, and how do you leverage it in sales?
- Your client had a native-speaking colleague review a document we translated, and she said it sounded like it was Google translated. Please compose a short email response.