Content Strategist at GALA
What is GALA?
The Globalization and Localization Association (GALA) is a 501(c)6 not-for-profit trade association serving the global language industry. Our ~450 organizational members comprise an international professional community that facilitates communication and business across languages and cultures by using best practices in translation, localization, internationalization, and globalization. Thousands of member employees and industry stakeholders make use of our digital resources and programming. Learn more about us at www.gala-global.org.
This full-time, remote position will be responsible for strategizing and improving content delivery at GALA. You will drive the full content lifecycle at GALA: content planning, development, design, production, promotion, analysis, management, and measurement. You will report to the Executive Director and will work collaboratively with other GALA team members on content goals. Some travel, including international travel, may be required.
GALA’s current content portfolio includes conferences and events, a weekly webinar series, a blog, articles, website, and occasional white papers. Most of GALA’s content is contributed by GALA’s member-community of experts, therefore, editorial strategy, good judgment, and a solid industry network are required to selectively recruit and engage content contributors. Your responsibilities will include:
- Strategize and improve content delivery and promotion
- Create specifications and recruit appropriate content for GALA’s designated audiences
- Champion content marketing strategy across the organization
- Measure and analyze what’s working and what isn’t with GALA’s content marketing efforts
- Expand reach and readership/viewership within and beyond our industry
- Manage external content contributors
- Manage editorial calendar
- Manage all aspects of the weekly webinar program
- Manage program committees and calls for proposals for GALA’s conferences and events
GALA is a small-staff organization with 5 FTE and therefore everybody “wears many hats” and pitches in when needed. In addition to bringing strengths and skills in content strategy, you will need to be a strong team player, have flexibility, and a can-do attitude. Excellent communication and customer service skills are essential in this role.
- Professional experience in the language services industry (translation, localization)
- 5+ years’ experience with full-cycle content strategy and development for B2C organizations
- Strong editorial instincts and excellent command of English (written and spoken)
- Familiarity with SEO and UX best practices
- Knowledge of HTML and experience with Drupal (or other CMS)
- Familiarity of analytics and digital platforms for tracking
- Project management experience a plus
- High-level thinker with a knack for managing details
- Team player with strong interpersonal relationship skills and a willingness to serve cross-functionally when required
- Professional demeanor; comfortable interacting with people across a diversity of countries, cultures, beliefs, backgrounds
- Comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously; grace under pressure
- A sense of humor, a sense of curiosity, and a desire to be part of a close-knit professional team
GALA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds. Compensation will depend on experience.
How to apply: please send a detailed cover letter and resume, along with your salary requirements to [email protected]
Send Application or Questions to
Accepting Applications Until