LANGUAGE SERVICES TEAM LEAD OPERATIONS
As the team-lead, you are responsible for the day-to-day activities and guidance of your team members as well as setting objectives, implementing guidelines, and assisting with any issues your team or your manager may have. You will hold overall responsibility for annual spend-retention of your team’s account portfolio. As the team-lead you will also ensure that all members understand the team’s objectives and work together to achieve them. You will be responsible for the management of fair and even load-balancing across the team and for ensuring that holiday/sickness leave will be covered from within the team. You will have constant and consistent support, from your manager, to help to ensure that the whole team is successful in achieving its goals. The ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude, good time management and ability to work independently. You have experience with stakeholder management, quality management and are efficient at problem solving. You are able to maintain and develop good relationships with the people who have most impact on your work (both internal and external). Communicating with each one in the right way can play a vital part in keeping them “on board.” You have excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken. You have the ability to create structured team and account plans and identify key actions required to grow accounts. You can work in a rapid paced, high pressure environment, are adaptable, self-motivating and able to remain focus under change management. You are able to make responsible and effective decisions and are up to date with industry trends. The ability to write structured and comprehensive proposals to win new business is a plus. Education & Experience This role requires 5 years of experience in a project management environment within the Localization industry or a similar industry. Experience in managing teams and familiarity with the translation and localization industry is a must. Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in languages, or a related field. Professional certification including PMP/PRINCE II is a plus. Client revenue responsibility and experience managing budgets represents an advantage. Success Criteria As a Team Lead you will fundamentally be appraised on your capacity to deliver excellent customer service, ensure team engagement and contribute to the overall revenue growth within the Operations platform. You will be responsible for the cost-effective management of the team’s resources and ability to meet annual target(s) and gross margins. You will show effectiveness in ensuring that all processes are followed by team members and encourage positive engagement across your team. You have a good working relationship with management, and assessment will be done through feedback from your line manager. Role Responsibilities
- Manage the flow of day-to-day operations and be the escalation point for the team
- Set and monitor the team’s objectives as well as the individual team members objectives and KPIs with the approval of the Regional Operations Manager
- Report to Regional Operations Manager on the team’s progress and portfolio of clients. This includes the profitability of each account and strategies.
- Able to maintain and grow client relationships
- Helping the Regional Manager in drafting RFP’s for potential new business, this also includes looking for and developing potential new opportunities within an existing client
- Understand the business objectives and help meet team’s targets by ensuring the team members are working efficiently and continue to further develop the repeat business.
- Supervise, train or guide team members by having regular 1-2-1’s with the team members and providing effective feedback
- Build the skill sets of individual team members and capture overall learnings for the company
- Assign roles and tasks to dedicated team members, based on individual strengths and abilities
- Monitor team members’ participation to ensure the training they have been provided is being put into use, and also to see if any additional training is needed
- Support and mentor team members with project management tasks
- Defines, plans, schedules and controls work for self and/or others to ensure the accomplishment of objectives
- Be responsible for the annual review of any team member and setting SMART objectives and ensuring the team member is on track to meet the objectives set
- Implement procedures to monitor the results of delegations, assignments or projects
- Mediate any interpersonal issues
Thinking about this job?
- Ability to inspire, motivate, and lead team members
- Act as an ambassador, driving and demonstrating company values, behaviours and competencies.
- Competitive compensation plan
- Implemented strategy for personal development plan
- Flexible working policy
- Constructive and consultative working environment
- Benefits plan
Our client has a benefits plan which varies according to the country you are located in, so please reach out in case you have any questions. Is this isn’t what you’re looking for maybe you could refer a colleague? We offer a referral bonus if your colleague is hired. Our client is a fast-growing professional Language Service Provider, with a global footprint featuring offices spanning the UK (Global HQ), Romania, Singapore, Australia, Guatemala and the USA. We are committed to be a caring, open and inclusive company – we are an ambitious business but with a family culture. We are agile and have a can-do attitude, which puts service and quality at the absolute forefront. They are passionate individuals who love what we do. We believe in continuous learning, personal development and always strive to deliver excellent customer service.
Send Application or Questions to
Accepting Applications Until
31 December 2020